Our well-established client based in Quedgeley are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a family run organisation who are leaders within their field and cover areas including property developments, property refurbishments and property management.
Main Purpose of Role:
Supporting the finance department, management accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for Group entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the production of monthly Management Accounts including journals, prepayments, accruals, Balance Sheet reconciliations, overhead analysis using Sage 50 and Sage 500
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various finance tasks
- Monthly inter company account reconciliations and raising of necessary recharge invoices and posting of relevant transactions
- Monthly VAT Returns on various Group companies which form part of the Corporate VAT Group
- Sales Invoicing - Raising, issuing and posting onto Sage 50 or Sage 500
- Processing Purchase Invoices and ensuring they are signed off according to Authorisation matrix.
- Analyse, code & post overhead expenses e.g. credit card statements
- Processing business expenses
- Monitoring Debtors and Creditors and resolving any queries accordingly
- Producing weekly and monthly payment runs to Suppliers, assist with bank payments loading.
- Carrying out weekly and/or monthly bank reconciliations and posting of bank receipts and payments into nominal ledger
- Various monthly reporting to internal and external bodies; Ad hoc reporting as and when required.
- Assisting with annual audit pack preparation
Candidate Skills and Qualifications
- Previous accounts experience
- The ability to prioritise own workload & multi task
- Be a Team Player
- A strong working knowledge of Sage 50 / Sage 500
- Project experience
Hours - Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - £22-24k - this is negotiable for the right experience therefore if you have the right experience please send your CV outlining your salary expectations.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959442840