Accounts Payable Manager
We are recruiting for a second Accounts Payable Manager, reporting to the Head of Financial Control, you are responsible for aiding the business in achieving Company objectives and initiatives to ensure stewardship and support of the financial results.
You will manage and develop an effective accounts payable function to promote financial control, to ensure liabilities are authorised and paid on time and that financial records are complete, accurate and up to date and to report management information to manage and control performance and meet other external obligations. In addition you will be responsible for Accounts Payable Supervisors and a team of Accounts Payable Assistants.
- Day to day management of the Purchase Ledger Team ? Goods not for Resale
- Manage and Supervise the Purchase Ledger Team ensuring that all tasks are accurate and completed within given deadlines
- Ensure key contractor account reconciliations are carried out on a regular basis
- Ensure that all supplier queries are concluded and dealt with in a timely manner
- Control and manage the supplier credit balances
- Ensure that current process maps are drawn up and any recommendations for changes / improvements are made
- Ensure all bank reconciliation items are cleared in a timely manner
- Ensuring full recovery is made for any debit balances
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Control regarding the ongoing development /maintenance of current systems
- Introduce Service Level Agreement processing timescales / KPI monitoring in the Accounts Payable team to understand volumes and processing patterns and accuracy of input
- Regularly review procedures and resource requirements
- Planning cash flow on purchase ledger payments with Sales & Banking Department in line with the agreed timetable of payments
- Ensuring payment terms are adhered to and EBITDA impact maximised by taking advantage of prompt payment discounts etc.
- Ensuring that the closure of Accounts Payable month end reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close and closedowns are completed with commentary as appropriate
- Assisting with month end, posting of journals and reconciliation of balance sheets
- Control account and key balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring all overheads and looking at ways to streamline and save money
- Ensure that the Company?s authorisation control manual is regularly updated and issued as appropriate
- Attracting, selecting and recruiting high calibre individuals who have an affinity with our brand
- Creating and leading a high performance team; setting clear expectations, coaching, training, developing, disciplining but most importantly holding them accountable whilst motivating, engaging and advocating their success
- Actively continuing your own self-development (including full product knowledge) and continuously building skills as a business person and a leader
- Ensure AP interact with the business users, including other departments within Finance such as Accounts Receivable and Reporting to ensure business processes are understood and followed and invoices are paid to term
- Build relationships with the key personnel across the business to invoices are paid to term.
- Assist the Head of Financial Control with ad-hoc projects
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Experience of managing a high volume transaction department
- Strong people management experience and experience of developing a team
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to manage conflict
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Experienced in multi-site retailer
- Minimum of two years' Accounts Payable management experience
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation?s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go?.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959437209