Field Service Engineer
Our client is a leading vending and coffee service provider in East Anglia, and they are seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their expanding team in Essex and Suffolk, ideally in the Colchester area.
The company was established over 50 years ago and has grown to become a leading provider of coffee and vending services whilst retaining a regional and friendly relationship with all their customers. Their regional focus ensures their customers always receive the best customer service possible.
This role will appeal to someone who is proactive, customer focused and can work unsupervised. The position holder will be required to carry out their responsibilities as a Field Service Engineer and with a strong focus on customer service. Working closely with the Service Desk on clearing down service calls, ordering parts that are required and when requested, get involved with site surveys and machine installations.
A company van is provided as well as a full and comprehensive training program. The engineer will be working on a range of vending machines and coffee machines, from manufacturers such as N&W, Westomatic, Crane, Coffetek, La Spaziale, and Jura.
- Respond to machine failures.
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to all customers and machine operators.
- Be helpful and flexible in all duties, showing the right attitude and being willing to go the extra mile
- Communicate with operators and offer help, advice and any training as and when required.
- Communicate with Service Desk on clearing down service calls, and notify if any machines require parts.
- Order parts that are required and fit the parts when they arrive.
- When requested, get involved with site surveys and machine installations.
- Fill in correct paperwork for any service calls that are chargeable.
- Ensure vehicle is kept in pristine condition at all times, both inside and out.
- Maintain a well-organised stock of spare parts on vehicle.
- Ensure accurate use of mobile devices
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to all customers at all times.
- Be smart and presentable at all times
- Be helpful and flexible in all duties.
- Advise your line manager of any problems occurring in the operations supply chain
- Clear all service calls with Service Desk within 5 minutes of completion
- Work closely with Service Desk and Technicians in problem solving machine / operations issues to give customers an exceptional vending service
- Respond to reported machine breakdowns and aim to clear, 85% within 8 hours and 95% within 16 hours. Critical call response time is currently being monitored with the aim of a 100% with 4 hours
- Provide preventive maintenance to machines that are set up on the preventative maintenance schedule via Service Desk.
- Order parts through centralized spares, return under warranty parts within 7 days and collect any parts that have been ordered when notified of their arrival.
- Complete job sheets for any work that is confirmed to be chargeable.
- Complete vehicle and fuel expenses sheet on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with Service Desk, Operators, fellow Technicians and other staff as and when required using mobile phone or PDA.
- Keep company vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
- Clear down all service calls within five minutes of each job to enable Service Desk can plan any reactive calls that you may be required to attend.
- Provide cover to other areas as required by service desk to cover for holiday/sickness
- Technical and mechanical experience
- Basic electrical understanding and experience
- Ideally experience or exposure to coffee machines and vending machines, including N&W, Westomatic, Crane, Coffetek, WMF, and Jura equipment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach to change and improvement.
- A team player as well as the ability to work remotely
- Good written and verbal communication skills
If you are an experienced Vending Engineer in the Colchester or Suffolk area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959431631