Credit Controller - Stoke on Trent - Fixed term for six months
The role is responsible for investigating outstanding and aged debt, finding solutions and ensuring the debt is paid; playing a vital role in the cash-flow of the organisation. This is a temporary placement for an initial 6 months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying why invoices have not been paid and finding solutions to ensure they are paid.
- Recording root cause data to facilitate learning and process improvement.
- Chasing debt by telephone and email, along with spreadsheet chases.
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements.
- Liaising with sales ledger/accounts receivable to resolve outstanding queries.
- Uses initiative and imagination to achieve results and reduce debtor days.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date client details and account records.
- Handling queries and resolving problems within company guidelines and policy.
Skills & Experience
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of skill in organising and prioritising.
- Working in a target driven environment.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Medium to advanced Sage or Excel skills are desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434122