Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, an established engineering business and world leader in their field, have seen substantial and sustained growth over the last 6 years. This growth is set to continue and they are now looking for a bright and dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
This is an exciting and all-encompassing role that will offer the successful candidate extensive variety in their day to day work including, customer site visits overseas to working an engineering office to collaborating with manufacturing personnel on product build.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and process engineering work, including hydraulics and general mechanical calculation and pump testing supervision.
- Design new products using VE/VA techniques
- Optimise existing designs by using CFD
- Support Sales and Shop Floor where necessary, including customer complaints and root cause analysis etc.
- Site Work, including measuring existing installations for new equipment
- Undertake customer visits for complex hydraulics projects
Successful candidates should ideally be educated to Degree Level (Mechanical Engineering) with several years? experience in a mechanical design environment and ideally haven a strong fundamental understanding and experience of Hydraulics Engineering (extremely beneficial). You should ideally be an Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer (or working towards) and should be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to a role.
Knowledge in any of the following areas would also be extremely beneficial:
- Medium / Heavy duty rotating equipment (pumps / gearboxes etc)
- Mineral processing equipment (cyclone clusters etc)
- General experience in fabrication design and detailing, including walkways, towers, chutes for processing industries, tanks / hoppers
- 3D CAD (ideally Siemens NX)
- Experience in CFD
- Experience of Teamcenter PLM
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959437996