Software Engineer - Stroud
Work within the company engineering group on embedded software with responsibility for taking a product from concept to reality, and creating or adapting the software as required for the application.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop a range of embedded products
- Write software for embedded applications for both new developments and maintenance of existing products.
- Implement software as specified.
- Simulation and test of software in order to improve reliability and compatibility within products.
- To develop flow charts and specifications that clearly outlines the functionality of the software.
Required experience, skill and knowledge
- Bachelors or Masters degree in software engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in writing ?C? or C++ for embedded micro-controllers.
- Experience with embedded OS environments.
- Previous design experience.
- Able to collaborate with other team members across a multi-disciplined engineering group.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and show a high level of ownership.
- Open to working with existing infrastructure and performing code maintenance.
Additional experience, skill and knowledge
- Embedded experience with real time operating systems, specifically FreeRTOS.
- Previous experience of versioning tools such as GIT or Mercurial.
- Experience with CANbus, specifically the ISO-11783 protocol.
- Experience with ARM based microcontrollers (particularly STM32) or MicroChip PIC32 would be an advantage.
- Understanding of embedded electronics.
- Experience of agricultural, automotive or on board weighing systems.
- Independent problem solver in software development
Full time, permanent position with a salary range of £24,000 to £38,000 per annumWorking hours of 8.30am - 5.00pm (2.30pm on Friday) - 37.5 hours per week
Benefits to include:
20 days holiday rising to 25 after 3 years and 26 after 10 years.
Pension 5% employee, 10% employer
Discretionary annual bonus
Health insurance, Life Assurance, Free Eye tests
Annual flu vaccination
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436465