Secured Loans Underwriter
We have a great new vacancy for a Secured Loans Underwriter to join a small but rapidly expanding second charge lender based in Leytonstone. The key purpose of the role is to be responsible for receipt and examination of all information necessary to complete a loan, liaising with third parties where necessary and ensuring that regulations and policies are followed on every occasion.
Responsibilities for the role of Secured Loans Underwriter
- Building and maintaining relations with brokers/intermediaries.
- Training brokers/intermediaries in systems, procedures and policies.
- Respond to incoming customer telephone calls, identifying and then meeting customer requirements whilst providing a polite, professional and accurate response.
- Promptly and accurately completing all related underwriting/administrative activities
- To request outstanding documentation and confirm receipt
- Ensure the accurate completion of a customer's application
- Carry out credit reference checks when required on all applicants
- Complete the underwriting checklist and then obtain managers sign off
- Comply with money laundering/fraud prevention/data protection/FCA regulations
Experience required for the role of Secured Loans Underwriter
- Extensive previous experience in an underwriting role within the financial services sector is essential
- An understanding of underwriting secured loans is essential
- Excellent relationship management skills and previous experience of working closely with brokers and intermediaries would be desirable
- GCSE or O level qualifications or equivalent in both Maths and English are essential
Salary: Circa £28,000
Benefits: 25 days' holiday and discretionary bonus
Location: Leytonstone, London
For more information regarding the role of Secured Loan Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435656