DevOps Engineer - Global Online Gambling Tech - Hammersmith
What does the company do?
This exciting company specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London, their platform provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management.
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. They offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
They offer the very best working facilities in their London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. The working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
Key responsibilities of the role;
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the set-up, configuration and maintenance of a new Bingo platform, coupled with the management of the scalability, performance, availability and health of the system by using relevant tools. Another key element to this position is to enable automation of processes, such as build, testing, deployment and distribution to increase productivity.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- Facilitate and support the agile development process
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies
- Set-up, configure and maintain development, testing and staging environments
- Maintain tools for configuration management, build, continuous integration and deployment, reporting, monitoring etc.
- Develop the required scripts to support automation of processes
- Detect and resolve security, performance and availability issues
- Coordinate and synchronize R&D and Operations work streams
The ideal candidate?s personality and qualifications;
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Background in working closely with or preferably in R&D
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience of code and scripts writing
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience in working with Cloud technologies
Added experience would be great
- Couchbase/Mongo DB
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422566