Assessor in Carpentry and Joinery
Assessor Carpentry and Joinery - Are you highly experienced within the field of carpentry and joinery? Do you have up to date industry expertise? Spider. The region's Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are thrilled to be supporting this Ipswich based centre who specialise in further education with the search for an Assessor in Carpentry and Joinery.
The key focus of this role will be to recruit, train, assess and guide learners on apprenticeships and employer engagement programmes as well as working alongside the employer to support the learner throughout their qualification.
As an Assessor you will also be responsible for the following -
- Delivery of a positive learning experience for both the learner and the employer
- Supporting employers and learners in the selection of relevant and appropriate components and levels of framework/standards
- Guidance, support and assessment of students work to the required level needed, and provide feedback on progress at both college and the learner's place of work
- Promotion of apprenticeships and the College curriculum at internal and external events, including evening and weekends, as and when required
- Maintaining accurate students records including tracking and monitoring of progress and strong timely success and overall success outcomes for all students in line with agreed targets
- To attend and participate in pre-assessment and Assessment Boards to formally record student outcomes.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
?The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes -
- Level 3 qualification in Site Carpentry/Bench Joinery or equivalent
- Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent (GCSE Maths and English grade C)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)/A1 Assessor Award (D32, D33, TQA) or a commitment to achieving within a specified timeframe
- Health and Safety qualification or commitment to achieve it within 12 months of appointment
- Working knowledge of current Apprenticeship frameworks/standards
- Experience of working with young people (Desirable)
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to produce consistent accurate work
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets
The ideal candidate would also possess a level 2 qualification in Maintenance Operations or equivalent experience.
You will also be self-motivated and effective in personal time management and organisational skills in line with the duties within the role. You must be passionate about delivering positive learning for students and a positive experience for employers.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to the nature of this role, a driving licence or other method of transport is essential in order to travel to candidates' workplaces. Appointments will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Based at the Ipswich campus with travel to learner's workplaces, this role offers a salary of £23,000-£25,000 pro rata plus market forces of up to £4,000 pro rata. Variable hours available up to full-time (35 hours per week). It also includes an excellent pension scheme and 20 days holiday rising to a maximum of 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Closure Days.
If you are have the skills required we would like to hear from you. Please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Assessor, Carpentry, Joinery, Education, Health and Safety
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434215