Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
Job ID: R-58360
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract..
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK?s largest insurer and one of Europe?s leading providers of life and general insurance. We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
This role is part of the Group?s dedicated reinsurance market finance team, responsible for all financial reporting relating to Aviva International Insurance Limited (AII) and Aviva Re Limited (Aviva Re).
AII is a substantial captive insurer, with over £50bn of assets, writing both Life and GI business. You will play a pivotal role in the success of Aviva, supporting the business to achieve targeted financial returns and maintaining the confidence of our shareholders and regulators.
Aviva Re is Aviva?s offshore captive reinsurance vehicle - also a composite reinsurer, it provides further targeted capital management opportunities, as well as running off historic liabilities.
Our strategy is to drive commercial value, deliver excellence in capital and solvency management, drive operational excellence and operate as one excellent team.
Your key responsibility will be in relation to the final delivery of financial information to support decision-making and legal entity statutory/regulatory reporting requirements for AII.
You?ll be working in a small team within AII Finance, liaising with specialist teams within AFO and an offshore service provider in respect of Aviva Re. As you?ll be one of the senior finance managers within the team, this includes, but is not limited to, the following:
The market team review of, all IFRS and Pillar 3 outputs from AFO in support of the Chief Accountant review and sign off of finance deliverables for both Group and legal entity IFRS reporting including:
- All IFRS and Pillar 3 outputs from AFO in support of the CFO review and sign-off of finance deliverables for both Group and legal entity reporting
- Annual report and accounts
- Legal entity statutory accounts
- Group and Solo Solvency 2 disclosures; and
- Supporting Board papers
- Liquidity monitoring and cost management
Run the production of:
- All inputs relating to AII into the Group annual Plan and regular forecasting processes, liaising with the Aviva Finance Operations (AFO) production teams, capital and other teams as appropriate
- Legal entity plans and associated papers for approval by the Boards, liaising with the AFO production teams and capital and other teams as appropriate
- Ad hoc financial MI and paper requests to support senior management, Audit Committee and Board decision-making, scenario analysis, and planning, liaising closely with AFO and others as appropriate
- Managing the end-to-end process around the AII Deficiency Assessment Forum, liaising with relevant control teams and reviewing the overall financial controls position of AII
- Responsible for being the key contact point for the external auditors within AII.
Additionally, you will support the ongoing effectiveness of a robust control environment and ensuring all internal controls are documented, tested and remediated.
We?re looking for a qualified accountant with considerable demonstrable post-qualified experience, ideally gained within a large insurance company environment.
You will have:
- A strong mix of relationship management and technical accounting skills (across both IFRS and Solvency II)
- A deep understanding of both life and non-life insurance products and markets and ideally has experience of Bermudan insurance/reinsurance
- A proven record of delivering to time and quality, and experience of can-do partner management across a range of disciplines and seniority levels.
- A strong understanding of financial control frameworks and a strong control ethic
You will be able to understand and interpret large amounts of data and narrative, and summarise it into succinct, relevant and insightful commentary.
An understanding of other non-IFRS GAAP (including French GAAP) is desirable.
This is hugely varied role, and while you will need to be comfortable with taking care of a broad spectrum of responsibilities and tasks, it will provide you with a diverse range of development opportunities and a strong position to progress their career within Aviva.
- Salary up to £90,000 dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
- Annual performance related pay review and bonus
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do brilliant work. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959433767