Service Desk Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Analyst for our highly successful client in Plymouth. You will be responsible for receiving, logging and resolving IT related queries from across the business, covering multiple sites.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support during shift times in accordance with rota and at other times covering for annual leave and sickness where appropriate.
- Maintaining an accurate record of calls, details and resolutions.
- Provide telephone support including logging calls via call logging system. Responsible for call resolution or escalation of calls to the appropriate person/area if unable to resolve personally. Aiming to resolve 75% of calls during initial telephone call.
- Maintaining a communicative line with the 3rd Line Team and ensuring that the stats of any escalated call is frequently referred to the requester during the tickets lifespan.
- Ensuring the security of our clients data by proactively following procedures relating to IT data security and setting a good example to others.
- Provide support for users who remotely access our systems.
- Provide support as required to our client services teams in their use of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing solutions to ensure a seamless client experience.
- Proactively seek to encourage the use of the firms existing technologies as appropriate.
- Report ongoing problems to the IT Services Manager to ensure resolution of calls within agreed service level agreements SLAs.
- Take on roles as ?expert? within the Service Desk Team, and cross train as appropriate to other team members;
- Provide desk-side support where appropriate if call is not resolved on the telephone;
- Carry out ?ad hoc? tasks when requested to assist with the smooth running of the IT Department;
- Provide out of hours on call (rota) after core support hours, escalate to third line during this time as appropriate. This is a 1 week in 4 arrangement.
- Be available for occasional out of hours work (eg. weekend work for hardware and software rollouts)
- Remain up to date and aware of Support Desk issues, conforming and promoting IT policies and best practice methods.
- Contribute to team effort through communication, cooperation and coordination with other team members.
- Conform to Firm and departmental rules and procedures, representing the IT department and team in a positive and helpful manner in all interactions.
- The successful candidate for this role will be customer focused and possess confident yet helpful communication skills. They will be able to communicate information concisely and professionally both over the telephone and by email.
Skills and Attributes:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of providing 1st and 2nd line support
- Professional Services / Law Firm experience
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010
- Windows 7/8
- Windows 10
- Workshare/ DocsCorp or other document comparison s/w
- General TCP/IP Networking Background
- Wireless Networking
- Printing ? fault finding
- Installation of PCs
- Mobility - Android and IOS
- Document Management System (Autonomy iManage/ Worksite) preferred
- CRM Client Relationship Management System
This role will require you to work on a shift rota - variable from 08.00 ? 18.00 Monday - Friday and to work overtime as necessary. This is also an On call rota - Monday - Friday 18.00 - 21.00 on which you will be required to work.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ?apply? button below.
For informal chat, please call the office and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959433650