HV Design Engineer
The Senior Design Engineer would be responsible for the production and development of GRIP 5 Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation in the provision of 25kV substations along the ECML.
The Senior Design Engineer will manage, control and co-ordinate the program of design works to time, scope and budget, ensuring all safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
The Senior Design Engineer would be required to co-ordinate his/her designs as part of a multi-disciplinary project and ideally have experience of working within an Alliance environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC, 25kV, LV, ELV systems and Earthing and Bonding within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities subject to Network Rail additional works process. He/She will be responsible for engaging and instructing design engineers to provide a first class design service to the construction teams and helping achieve our growth ambitions and commitments.
The Senior Design Engineer in performing his role will be required to work closely with the Project Managers and all third party designers to ensure a integrated design solution is presented for this project. This will extend to working and interfacing with Network Rail and our Alliance members to produce a homogeneous solution.
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for ensuring adherence at all times to Safety working policies, standards and practices as well as those applicable to Network Rail infrastructure in all aspects of the design process as required under the CDM regulations.
The Senior Design Engineer shall provide the highest quality and level of Customer service. At the same time achievement of the delivery timescales and at budgeted cost without compromising the quality of product or service is a critical success factor.
The Senior Design Engineers shall be required to have a good understanding of HSEQ legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
* To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
* Provide highly effective management for the Technical design team.
* Provide Design leadership for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
* Have overall responsibility for the management of the preparation of all designs and technical reports.
* Management of interdisciplinary designs i.e Civils, SCADA, Telecoms etc.
* Develop and produce reports associated with the performance of the department on a monthly basis with an emphasis on the design performance.
* Review and appraise all tender specs and associated project documents.
* Ensure that all designs are in accordance with the customers approval processes.
* Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
* To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
* To support the project commercial process with the Commercial Manager and ensure all design change requests are processed on time
* To review project based risk register monitoring and reporting on changes in commercial risk and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to eliminate or mitigate the risks.
* To maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery.
* To ensure that all project designs are compliant with CDM regulations.
* Develop synergy between different project design groups to offer services to clients that are both innovative and value for money.
* Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value.
* Most economical design methodology.
Where called upon the post holder would also undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE) in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail regime.
? Engineering degree, preferable although no essential.
? Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer.
? Ideally hold an Authority To Work (AtW) in line with NRL2INI02009.
? A minimum of 10 years experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
? In Depth Knowledge of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure.
? Demonstrable AC electrification and substation design experience.
? Collaborative approach to project delivery.
? Organisational Awareness.
? Collaborative working.
? Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures.
? Relationship Building.
? Information Seeking.
? Self Motivated.
? Analytical Thinking.
? Proven safety management knowledge including CDM requirements.
? Energetic and hardworking individual with an ability to motivate teams.
? Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
? Proven experience in such design work in a dynamic and challenging business environment.
? Sufficient safety knowledge and skills in a technical and a very demanding working environment to ensure all designs meet legal safety requirements.
? Good communication and inter personal skills be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
? Proven experience within a Contracting or manufacturer industry will also be an advantage.
? Notable understanding of SCADA, IEC61850 and IEC 103 protocols.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959433148