Mobile Computer Technician
Field technicians wanted??flexible hours, you choose your service area!
Geeks2U is launching in London late November. We?re Australia?s leading provider of on-site technology support with 290,000+ happy customers, and we?re partnering with technicians in preparation for launch. Partnering with us is a great opportunity for existing contractors and self-employed IT professionals who are looking for an additional revenue stream and love flexibility.
How it works
You select the suburbs you wish to cover, your availability (no minimum), your competency level against our various skillsets (PCs, Macs, Servers, etc.) and the bookings come through via SMS and email. You can setup any additional technicians working in your business in exactly the same way. All this is done via your own login to our proprietary web-based platform and smartphone apps (iOS & Android).
What you'll do:
- Troubleshoot tech problems on-site: hardware & software issues, network problems, viruses and spyware, data recovery, and everything else!
- Build rapport with customers
- Using the app, finalise each job on-site including invoice and processing credit card on file
- Provide follow-up support to customers if required.
What you'll need:
- A strong history of providing technology support in both home and office environments, over a variety of platforms (e.g. PC, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Great communication skills; the ability to explain technical issues in 'plain English'
- Laptop/tablet and basic troubleshooting equipment
- VAT Number (if registered)
What's in it for you:
- A generous share of the service charge to the customer
- 100% of the margin on parts you supply
- Invoices paid weekly via bank transfer
- The full support of our back office admin team, 7 days a week
If you like the sound of this business opportunity, please email your company or professional profile with a covering letter. We?ll be in touch with shortlisted applicants within one business day to setup a brief meeting.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959426819