Job Title: Network Engineer
Salary To £38K + 5% Flex benefits
This is a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to work on a very exciting and challenging secure site. You will work within the Services Operations Group ensuring that the teams SLA?s are met across the client?s huge estate on a daily basis and in line with industry standard best practices. You will hold responsibility for performing Network Operational duties, including reporting, troubleshooting, configuration and capacity management of network equipment employed across all of the clients networks. You will also be liaising with third parties and require the skill and knowledge to provide Root Cause Analysis as part of the clients fault resolution process. Please note that is essential you are eligible for or hold security clearance to a high level.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Configuration of Network Layer 2/3 devices on all networks.
- Configuration of VoIP and Unified Communication devices.
- Produce reports for Management as requested incl. Bandwidth performance, Base lining, capacity management and Incident Management.
- Responsible for ensuring the Major Incident Management Process is followed for network outages.
- Provide 2nd line support to the Service Desk for network fault progression (Major faults and performance issues).
- Monitor LAN/WAN ? Service availability and efficiency.
- Maintain monitoring platforms ? maintain security patches and test to ensure reporting is correct.
- Respond to incidents and work orders raised on the Service Management tool.
- Produce and maintain network documentation.
- Understand and comply with team procedures.
- Minimum Security Clearance will be required
A working knowledge of network monitoring platforms including Network Node Manager and Cisco LMS/Prime.
- Experience of new WAN technologies such as Ectocrypt blue and Nexus switches would be an advantage. Experience if
- Cisco VSS environments would also be an advantage.
- CCNA accreditation.
- Experienced in VoIP and Unified Communication systems.
- Technical experience and recent exposure to be able to configure and troubleshoot the clients Network Tooling ? i.e. CISCO PRIME Infrastructure/Opsview/Netflow.
- DV Cleared or eligible
Understanding of network reporting tools such as NAGIOS. Team leader and managerial qualities would be of benefit.
Good report writing skills.
Able to write and review technical documents.
Technical experience and recent exposure to be able to configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus (NX-OS) and Cisco
Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) devices.
Experience of VMWARE to allow interaction and integration within a virtual based infrastructure environment.
A certified CCNA with a good understanding of VoIP and Unified Communication technologies. Experience of encryption
and new generation of Nexus switches
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959423234