Software Developer - Global Online Gambling Tech - Hammersmith
Software Developer - £30-£35k
What does the company do?
This exciting company specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London, their platform provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management.
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. They offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
They offer the very best working facilities in their London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. The working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
Key responsibilities of the role;
As a Software Developer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. This client?s main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. The office of over 100 Software Developers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and they like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, they?re Open Source advocates, always ensuring that they keep their tech stack as cutting edge as possible.
Your role as a Software Developer will be to create and maintain applications within their micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- Development of their Sportsbook product and applications.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
The ideal candidate?s personality and qualifications;
- 2+ years? professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#).
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL
- datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422212