Applications Systems Engineer
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world?s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Applications Systems Engineer to be based at customer?s office Peterborough.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
The successful applicant for this position will join our on-site team of controls systems engineers and will take a leading role in the development of application level features for small and medium size engines for the industrial and heavy machinery market. This is likely to include generator set, industrial and machine applications of these engines.
Area of Responsibility
- Working directly with the customer to understand and document key technical requirements.
- Development of system design and specifications to meet identified requirements, using structured tools and processes.
- Planning and managing feature development and implementation to meet the programme timelines.
- Planning and conducting verification tests to ensure quality of released software / system.
- Development of the dSPACE HiL test system and the automation of system level verification test plans using Automation Desk.
- Planning and supporting validation tests of key application features.
- Supporting software validation and troubleshooting on engine ? getting ?hands on? with the end product.
Knowledge / Experience
- A strong technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering ? consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in engine control system development (preferably in the off-highway industry)
- Prior experience of dSPACE, including the use of Automation Desk to automate test plan execution.
- Good understanding of diesel engine technology, including common rail fuel systems.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Experience of designing and executing verification test plans for electronic engine control systems
- Experience of dSPACE development, including the use of plant models.
- Experience of electronic system development tools such as CANape, CANalyser and a working knowledge of J1939 datalink standards
- Experience of running / troubleshooting engine systems, particularly electronics related
- Strong interest in engine control system development, particularly for off-highway, marine and military applications.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme ? We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days? Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme ? up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured ? Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield ? Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better?.
TATA Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959425281