Senior Software Engineer
Cognitive Geology is one of Scotland?s most recent and exciting startups with huge ambitions and proven success to date. Cognitive Geology was founded by end users from major operators, grown tired of forcing commercial software to work the way we needed it to.
We do one thing, extremely well: we build petroleum geoscience software. This niche market, worth over $4.5 Billion per annum, and serviced by a handful of vendors, is ripe for disruption. Our technologies respond to a fundamental change in our customer?s methods of managing oilfield investment uncertainty ? replacing workflows 30 years out of date ? and the customers love it. With more than 200 years of combined oil industry, sales, marketing and software development experience, we will deliver the disruption.
We are looking for innovative software engineers with excellent knowledge of object oriented concepts and a passion for software engineering, combined with a strong interest in modelling the real world.
Professional attitude, ambition, flexibility, transparent communication and respect for colleagues are inherent in our team. We value intelligence and innovation, and persistence to push the boundaries to deliver the best solutions possible.
What will you be doing?
- Thinking through hard problems, and working with the team to develop solutions
- Communicating clearly to both technical and business people
- Involvement in the agile process, including analysis, design, and task estimation
- Learning new technologies and applying the knowledge
- Being a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent environment where your talent is valued
You don?t need all of these but if you can tick a number of these boxes, please get in touch:
- Solid commercial experience as a developer years
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Solid experience in object oriented development with C# and .Net
- Strong understanding of Solid principles and TDD with proven experience
- Experience in working with Visual Studio and source control
- Experience of developing against third-party APIs
- Desktop application development with WPF
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- Experience in high performance data visualisation or graphics and rendering
- Experience with mapping applications and GIS
- A keen interest in maths and science, geography and geology
What will you get in return?
We are growing rapidly and are looking for extremely talented people to join our adventure. We want to be successful but have fun along the way. Our culture is of paramount importance and we really believe that to get the best out of people, work/life balance needs to perfect. We do work hard the but mental and physical wellbeing of all our employees is crucial to ensuring we build a successful company. Below are some of our perks (and we are continuing to add to this list!):
- - Flexible working hours
- - Highly competitive salaries
- - Innovative professional and personal development plans
- - We have a versatile approach to working from home
- - A well stocked beer fridge
- - Regular social activities
- - We recognize that we can always be improving and therefore everyone has a voice within the busines
- - Completely open with what we are doing across the business. There are no secret meetings behind closed doors! Check out our whiteboards!
We do have an interview process but are more than happy to start with an informal chat, so if you are interested and would like to have a coffee with one of our team to hear more, please get in touch. Changing jobs is a big decision and we want you to feel that this is the perfect one for you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959424742