Personal Assistant Apprentice
The Commission exists to investigate complaints fairly and thoroughly. The IPCC has the power to initiate, carry out and oversee investigations. It is also responsible for monitoring the way complaints are handled by local police forces.
The role will involve providing support to the one or more members of the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) Senior Management Team. Primarily responsible for managing the diary and commitments, providing support in all aspects of work to maximize the use of the senior manager's time, managing workflow and filtering/prioritising incoming correspondence including emails and telephone calls, responding to them or delegating them where appropriate.
- Acting as first point of contact, dealing with telephone and email enquiries from within and external to business
- Scheduling diary engagements & commitments, working proactively to resolve scheduling conflicts and prioritising issues
- Ensuring all work is commissioned out effectively, collating meeting papers and briefing information in advance of meetings
- Coordinating operational inputs to key corporate services returns, and provide secretariat support to senior management meetings
- Management of electronic filing and information management requirements
- Establish a network of key contacts and stakeholders across the IOPC support functions
- Previous experience of working in an administrative support or PA role
- Evidence of strong written communication skills and competence with MS office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Outlook
- Experience of working to challenging timescales demonstrating personal resilience
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues in senior positions
- Can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and experience of liaising with representatives from external organisations
- Can demonstrate the ability to effectively and credibly work with senior staff in a pressured environment
- High degree of organisational ability, forward planning and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
Good standard of education minimum of 4 Grades A-C including GCSE English and Maths
37.5 hours per week
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959424453