IT Software Support Apprentice
At Kamarin Computers we have been developing software solutions and add-ons for accounting software since 1981. Our team of expert software developers can enhance existing systems as well as developing completely bespoke solutions to manage unique business processes. We work closely with our customers to produce bespoke solutions, which meet their exact requirements.
Our solutions have helped many businesses to manage their businesses in a way in which out-of-box software packages would not have allowed. Our existing range of add-ons and modules enhance key areas of the accounting and CRM products we provide for more common issues and additional functionality requirements.
We are a growing, award-winning supplier of business EPOS & WMS solutions, accounting software and IT. On top of 35 years of history in Peterborough, our client is currently experiencing record growth and has recently been named Cambridgeshire SME of the year. This provides an opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting team and work for a company that is committed to making their business an excellent place to work through constant staff investment and development.
Will be responsible for first line calls relating to customer issues relating to Kamarin's software product portfolio. This will primarily relate to supporting Kamarin's EPOS software, KCPOS. The role will require the individual to understand and register the call issue and then take appropriate action to resolve. Role will be responsible for feeding back solution to the customer and closing the call.
The apprentice reports to the Support Team Manager and is responsible for resolving software issue calls reported by customers. Calls will be received by phone call and e-mail, requiring the role to interact directly with customers. Calls that cannot be resolved will need to be escalated to Support Team Manager for further investigation.
Main role/ responsibilities
Role Key Result Areas
- Fast and effective call handling to deliver appropriate resolution to the issue logged in line with our SLAs
- Make clear and frequent communication with the customer to keep them up to date and aware of progress in resolving the call
- Develop strong relationships with customers and offer a first class customer service experience via telephone or e-mail
- Identify complex issues early and escalate at the appropriate time for further investigation and a faster resolution
Qualities/ essential requirements
- Experience and knowledge working with IT networks and infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge working with SQL
- Experience in EPOS software would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience with E-commerce and web development experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- Ability to work under pressure to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple issues at the same time
- Ability to work in a team
- A base level of knowledge in our technologies would be hugely beneficial to ensure you can start making an impact at Kamarin as soon as possible
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Other Important information
Working days/hours - Monday-Friday, 8:30am -5:30pm
The company will invest in a full training and development plan for the successful candidates to increase their knowledge of our products and the languages we work with.
- This position is full time
- 35 hours' weekdays
- Based in Peterborough
- 25 days' holiday per year plus all Bank Holidays and the shutdown period between Christmas and New Year (3 days)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422677