Assistant Store Manager
Are you experienced in Retail store management, possessing drive and tenacity to achieve results? If so, our client are now recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager and are looking for individuals just like you!
This business started in 1995 in stylish Copenhagen. Our client have developed from a modest outlet to a recognised chain with 800+ stores across 35 European countries. In June 2005, our client opened their first UK store in Basingstoke. Our client has been enjoying a record year in terms of both turnover and profitability each year since it opened in Scotland in 2012. The brand has successfully grown in a challenging retail environment and our client plan to continue expanding!
Due to continuing business success and growth our client now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Assistant Store Manager to join the retail store in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Assistant Store Manager responsibilities:
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will be primarily working to maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is delivered at all times.
- Ensuring stock loss, man-hours and costs are controlled efficiently.
- Managing the recruitment, training, development and performance of all staff.
- Coaching, motivating and developing the store sales team to achieve personal and store objectives.
- Planning, managing and taking ultimate accountability for store expenditure on controllable
- Communicating effectively with the Area and Store Managers to ensure key information is shared to ensure best practice.
The ideal Assistant Store Manager:
Our client are looking for someone who has worked for a fast-paced retailer and can hit the ground running, while demonstrating the following skills:
- Proven management experience within a Retail environment
- Knowledge of retail operational activities required for effective management of the shop
- Strong logistic and warehouse management skills
- Customer focused approach
- The ability to motivate a team and build good relationships within the team
- Strong man management skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Competent IT (especially word & excel) and administration skills
- Practical Health and Safety knowledge and an understanding of relevant legislation
- A flexible open-minded approach with a proven ability to prioritise effectively
- Passionate about retail and have a real desire to build a career within the company
- A competitive salary of £18,000 per annum
- Generous bonus scheme
- A generous discount on their products
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you are looking to join a company who values both their customers and employees, then click apply!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77399481