Senior Category Manager - Estates
Job Title: Senior Category Manager - Estates
Salary: £41,458 to £61,534
Contract Length: Permanent
The development and management of Estates and Capital spend in both a strategic and operational nature.
The Procurement lead for Estates & Capital, develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non-EU tenders.
Supporting the development of Procurement knowledge, capability within the organisation.
Deputise for the Head of Procurement in his/her absence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation, and continuous improvement of, the College?s new category management approach and supporting the Head of Procurement in meeting the College?s key procurement needs
- Identifying key Estates category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
- Ensuring procurement complies with College financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
- Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
- Ability to independently scope, administer and conclude OJEU and framework competitions from end to end (and support other team members in achieving the same)
- Develop RHUL wide supply contracts which are based around key performance indicators and service failure remedies.
- Maintain key working relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
- Promoting and ensuring best procurement practice across RHUL
- Actively manage supplier controls and supplier vetting protocols
- Managing procurement & contract documentation, tendering templates, record keeping and associated systems
- The Procurement department plays an important role in supporting the College in procuring a diverse range of goods, services and works which are critical to the successful operation of the College.
- We are looking to expand in order to ensure our procurement arrangements reflect the College strategy by embedding a category managed approach and delivering value for money through high quality arrangements.
- As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for the development and management of Estates and Capital spend in both a strategic and operational nature.
- You will be the Procurement lead for Estates & Capital, develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tenders.
- A key element of the role will be the implementation and continuous improvement of the College?s new category management approach.
- You will have previous experience of working within or alongside the estate/construction category in a procurement role and knowledge of completing and executing various forms of Building Contracts (NEC/JCT).
- You will have strong communication skills and experience in building relationships at senior levels, as well as a good understanding of procurement best practice.
- The successful applicant will be MCIPS or have equivalent experience.
- In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including generous annual leave and training and development opportunities. This is a full time, permanent post is based in Egham, where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
For further information, please contact John McManus on ************************** or call on *************
Reference code 1936
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435207