Design Engineer - Cirencester
Design Engineer required for the ETO (Engineer To Order) team to support all functions within the ETO operations from creating 2D detailed manufacturing drawings, 3D models, and bills of materials (BOMs), to design adaptations of existing products to customers? requirements.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings derived from layouts and sketches. Produce BOMs and material specifications for components following established technical standards.
- Work in close support with other colleagues to resolve issues related to dimensional tolerances, general manufacturing problems, and/or customer requirements.
- Be responsible for checking and approving detailed drawings and approved designs
- Work with colleagues or directly provide engineered solutions in response to customer requests for special designs to suit specific applications.
- Work closely with colleagues in adjacent functional teams ( engineering, customer service, manufacturing ) to set-up & implement tools and processes to optimize workflow
- Provide (pro-active) technical advice to both external customers as well as internal customers (sales team, customer service, marketing).
- Help prepare costings and quotations for new designs, including all supporting documentation.
- Perform standard calculations for mechanical components ( keyways, bearings, springs, stress and torsional stiffness).
- Expertise in using 2D and 3D modeling software (e.g. Inventor/ SolidWorks)
- Familiar with general machine shop practice
- Knowledge of MRP & PDM Systems(Product Data Management System)
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles ? e.g.stress analysis, mechanics, rotor dynamics, thermodynamics, surface treatment, metallurgy, bearing technology, strength of materials.
- Experience in engineering design and manufacture
- Experience using PC applications such as Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills at all levels in the business ? shop floor to business leadership
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and tolerance stack-up calculations.
- Previous experience of mechanical power transmission product design
- Knowledge of mechanical power transmission products ? especially couplings, clutches and torque limiters. Also gearboxes and prime movers, especially electric motors.
- Power transmission application knowledge: e.g. industrial equipment used in mining, energy, steel, automation, materials handling, process plant, food and beverage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and able to communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Commercial knowledge and awareness
- Knowledge of other languages
- Imaginative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to if necessary. (UK and International)
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 37 hours per week - 8.30am - 5.00pm (1.30pm on Friday)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Local Bonus Scheme
- Cash Health Scheme
- Gym Membership Contribution Option
- Death in Service Benefit
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434610