TEST ENGINEER / CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN - Instrumentation c£30-35k
Flow Control Engineering is currently working with a large manufacturing organisation based near South Manchester.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the manufacture, modification and test of the complete Product range. Also Responsible for after sales service, diagnostics, repairs and refurbishments of customer returns.
My client is recruiting for a Test Engineer to join their existing team.
- To carry out test and calibration of the ASL brand Electrical Temperature products and repairs as detailed by production orders within the agreed delivery dates in accordance with company processes and work instructions.
- To ensure that the Electrical Temperature procedures and work instructions are adhered to.
- To calibrate and certify, when required, the complete product range to the specified accuracy.
- To assist in repairs and refurbishments of customer returns and the generation of detailed reports when required. Diagnose & repair to both PCB & component level.
- To bring to the attention of the Engineering Manager any shortage or defective component stock.
- To ensure the product, when ready for despatch, is free from defect, is clean of any process material, the quantity and product type is correct with the respect of the packing notes and is presented ready for packaging.
- To ensure that all work areas and the department in general are kept clean and presentable at all times.
- To ensure that the Company?s health and safety policy is adhered to all times.
- To strive to continually improve the quality of new and existing products and services as part of the product range.
- To carry out any such tasks that may from time to time, be requested by senior management in order to ensure the smooth running of all departments.
Working days / hours 5 days / 37 hours per week
Hours of work 07.30 ? 16.00 Mon ? Thurs / 07.30 ? 12.30 Fri
- HNC/HND Electronics Engineering qualification or equivalent.
- BEng in Electronics Engineering would be advantageous.
- At least 3 years? experience working in an engineering/manufacturing test environment.
- Use of general purpose test equipment, Oscilloscopes, multi meters, function generators.
- Must have the ability to program microprocessors and eeprom?s
- Ability to read and understand analogue & digital circuit diagrams.
- Problem solve, fault find and repair of analogue & digital electronics assemblies to component level.
- Competent on all Microsoft packages (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Some knowledge of PRT/RTD, TC and thermistor temperature measurement techniques would be advantageous.
- Practical experience with PC communication interface USB, Ethernet, RS232, IEEE would be advantageous.
- Some knowledge of CE compliance requirements would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to communicate confidently with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Disciplined and skilled in time management.
- Must be able to have a proactive, can do attitude.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage workloads.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435941