Aerodynamics Engineer - Sunbury-on-Thames
Aerodynamics Engineer ? Sunbury-on-Thames
A new exciting role has been created for an Aerodynamics Engineer to join my market leading client in their new Sunbury-On-Thames offices. My client specialise in the design and supply of high performance electronic air flow sensors for worldwide markets and due to continued growth are looking to add to their R&D function.
This is a key role, where research and development expertise are an important part of the skill set. The job holder will contribute at every stage of research and development for new and enhanced products.
The ideal Aerodynamics Engineer will be degree qualified in Aerodynamics, Aeronautics or a related engineering subject, have a solid technical background, be highly competent in CFD modelling packages and have experience in working from theoretical principles to develop computer models. Any experience with FEA, Linux or OpenFOAM is desirable.
You can expect your day to day role to involve:
- Conduct research by means of CFD modelling and experiment
- Create CFD models and apply aerodynamic principles in the design and optimisation of the product performance, for example its accuracy and wind speed range
- Develop aerodynamic concepts, characterise key components and assess whether the requirements are met
- Perform strength, fatigue, noise, vibration and turbulence analysis by means of FEA, CFD models and wind tunnel experiments
- Validate concepts and CFD models using the results of experiments
- Help broaden the company?s intellectual property portfolio (patents)
In return my client is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including bonus, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working hours and healthcare. So for immediate consideration apply today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959432007