Are you ready for your next adventure? Our client has an exciting opportunity within their Merchandising Department, based at their Head Offices in Milton Keynes. If you are interested in a varied role where your main responsibilities will be managing the allocation and replenishment of stock to stores through the analysis of sales and have what it takes to ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time then please read on…
Who are they looking for?
To fulfil this role you will possess the following qualities:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills - strong reporting and excel skills (confident with Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team or as an individual
- Confident in making decisions
- Time Management Skills
About the role
Main duties of the role consist of:
- Setting up the allocation system for each new season and throughout the season as new products are added to the range
- Break down the buy quantities to size level for purchase orders
- Monitoring sales and amending allocation parameters accordingly to ensure stock levels are adjusted to maximise company sales
- Managing stock in the business through consolidation between stores
- Creating product codes and setting up bar codes
- Managing direct to store orders, ensuring they are entered correctly and communicated to stores.
- Updating weekly and monthly reports
What's in it for you?
Having been retailing in the UK for over 40 years in the outdoor industry, they are able to offer an excellent pay and benefits package.
Plus all of this:
- Comprehensive training
- Clothing allowance
- 50% discount on their own clothing
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Access to child care vouchers
- Bikes through the government ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Access to in-house training and e-learning
- Other group discounts
About the company
Our client makes gear that keeps you protected and comfortable in the world's wildest places. From performance clothing to shoes and luggage they create a range that is all you need and nothing you don't. From their original and iconic 'bags' to their latest innovations everything is built on the original design principles that were conceived around a kitchen table in North Yorkshire forty years ago. This is what still make them unique.
They make gear that delights their customers and delivers on their promise
How to apply
To apply for the role of Trainee Merchandiser here at their head office in Milton Keynes, please click on the Apply button and follow the short application procedure
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77406029