IT Desktop Development Engineer
Do you have IT Desktop Development experience within a commercial/business environment?
Can you work permanently in the Grays (Essex) area?
A market leading international business is currently seeking a permanent Desktop Development Engineer to manage and action relevant activities, and maintain fit for purpose availability and functionality of their desktop environment, working in the Grays (Essex) area.
What does the opportunity offer?
**Competitive salary PLUS benefits**
- Basic starting salary £37,000,
- Full time permanent job, 9am-5pm (Monday - Friday),
- Generous 30 days paid holiday (22 days plus bank holidays) to start, increasing further with service
- Company Pension scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunities to develop your professional knowledge and career path within the company
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 5 years desktop experience
- Understanding of LAN/WAN's
- Understanding of DNS/DHCP
- In-depth PC Troubleshooting experience
- Ability to effectively manage various IT projects
- Able to carry out Basic Script writing
- Relevant working knowledge of the following:
- Windows 7,8,10
- Server 2008, 2012
- Office 2013, 2016, 365
- Remote Control Tools
- SCCM 2012 (Maintain, configure)
- SCCM 2012 (Creating, Maintaining Corporate Image/Applications etc)
- WSUS/SCCM Updates
- Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Group Policy (inc Group Policy preferences)
- Active Directory
- Additional experience and advantage but no essential (e.g. Server 2016, Citrix, Powershell, Virtual applications, Encryption, VMWare, Office 365/2016, Azure, InTune, SCCM SQL Reports etc)
What does the role involve?
- Manage, maintain, test and implement Applications and Operating Systems
- Work on business projects affecting the desktop environment
- Manage Windows Updates within the desktop environment
- Manage, maintain and create group policies
- Manage, maintain the global antivirus application
- Manage, maintain, configure SCCM environment
- Manage, maintain the ISS Mobile Devices
- Liaise with the regional support teams
- Manage and monitor Support calls
- Keeping management updated with progress
Please send a CV detailing your relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate consideration.
If you have the necessary skills/experience and are interested in applying then please do so as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this new opportunity.
Don't delay...apply today!
We appreciate the need for discretion, so you can rest assured that your application will be handled sensitively.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436446