Locations:London, SE1 0HR or Portsmouth, PO6 3EN
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Generous Benefits
Want to have your cake and eat it ? operate in a start-up culture but with the backing and investment of an enterprise company?
Sound like you?
- An inspirational leader with evidence of delivering product at pace within a start-up environment?
- A strong technical background of enterprise development architecture and best practice security standards?
- Thrive on steering the technical direction of your environments?
- Preference for promoting a self-managing culture?
- Still passionate about coding and leading edge tech stacks?
- Looking for a new opportunity with an innovative, product driven business?
If so, then we would love to hear from you?..
About you, us & your role;
We are looking to revolutionize the online recruitment market place by offering unique products and services that will push boundaries and go where others haven?t been before.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a start-up area that is backed by one of the world?s most successful online recruitment advertising businesses.
We have grown to 35 people in less than a year and due to this are now seeking a dedicated Head of Software Development to come and join us.
Our teams are spread across London and Portsmouth; regular travel will be required to both locations as well as occasional travel to other European offices.
Reporting to our CPO, some of your responsibilities will be:
- Hire, motivate and develop strong development teams;
- Drive a fast pace of development for the seed and scale products in the portfolio;
- Manage the technical/architectural roadmap and align with our overall group technical strategy and requirements;
- Liaise with our other group practice and brand Heads of Development to share and contribute to best practice.
Some of our technologies:
What we need from you:
- Evidence of delivering product at pace.
- Start-up/greenfield development experience.
- Ability to inspire and coach experienced and junior technical people.
- Management of technical teams (at least 10 people).
- Relevant coding expertise (passion for cutting code personally ? even if part-time).
- Experience of enterprise development architecture & best practice security standards.
- Evidenced experience of continuous integration environments.
- A genuine interest in online consumer products.
- A preference for self-managing team culture.
- Comfortable working in agile and distributed teams.
- Ability to ?bring others along with you? in all aspects of your work.
- Ideally knowledge of some of technologies mentioned above.
- Experience of working with data at scale.
Established since 1996, StepStone Group is one of the largest online job board businesses in the world. We employ over 2200 people, operate across 21 countries and are owned by Axel Springer Digital Classifieds, the worlds most established and successful media group.
As employer?s we value talent, integrity, innovation and results whilst respecting our employee?s work-life balance, freedom and appetite for challenge and recognition.
We have big ambition and our employees do too.
You?ll join a team of passionate and talented colleagues within a fast paced, fun, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.
- Integrity - Being uncompromising and consistent in our commitment to integrity;
- Results - Driving spectacular results for everyone ? happy employees, happy customers, happy candidates and happy shareholders;
- People - Building a company with teams where talent can thrive and flourish.
- Attractive salary.
- 37.5 hour working week; Monday to Friday.
- 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays.
- Group Pension Scheme.
- Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary.
- 2 paid charity days per year.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Free Eye Tests.
- Season Ticket Loan (after probation).
- Childcare Vouchers (after probation).
- Amazon Voucher birthday gift (after probation).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959430613