Buyer - Furniture and Beds
My client, a leading department store group, are looking for an experienced buyer to manage and develop their Furniture and Beds business.
Suitable applicants will have commercial experience of buying, beds, mattresses, furniture, cabinets and other associated products.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful department store groups.
This is a senior level role and has responsibility for buying, merchandising and trading. In conjunction with the B&M Director the role holder determines the look and presentation of the entire Furniture and Beds range.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes;
- Hands –on can do attitude. Proactive and creative.
- A proven track record of achieving sales and profit growth in a related product category.
- Skilled at managing stocks, analysing productivity and competent in trading and managing stocks
- Sound IT skills and the ablility to assist implementation and influence of a new EPOS / order system
- Excellent Furniture and Beds market knowledge and strong awareness of home fashion trends.
- A proven track record of success working with leading furniture & beds brands and suppliers.
- An able marketer, confident in implementing advertising and aware of the changing digital communication.
- Able to assimilate different local customer needs and range accordingly.
- An astute and strong negotiator, commercially sound.
- A good communicator who is able convey ideas and buying vision.
- A great people person who is able empathise with store teams and achieve the best from suppliers.
- Highly organised and able to multi task and work under own initiative.
- Strategic- able to see the bigger picture and plan for the future.
- A Passion for retailing, drive, enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
- Knowledge of Department Store retailing is an advantage but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77397252