Electrical Test Operator
Job Ref No: P6807
MBDA Level of role: Level 2
Reports to: Manufacturing Team Leader
What’s the opportunity?
Carrying out test tasks within the operational business in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
What will you be doing?
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic re-calibration of test equipment
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team members
What’s great about joining this team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
What we are looking for from you?
- Formal technical/engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate
- A proven track record of delivery as a skilled person
- Team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus
- Proven planning and organising skills
- Flexible and adaptable
What you would get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)