EDS Design Engineer
Position: EDS Design Engineer
Term: 6 month to ongoing contract
Hourly Rate: £Negotiable
Our Client; a globally operating major Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer who specialise in the supply of high technology wiring harnesses seek an experienced 3D Catia v5 EDS (Electrical Distribution System)/Harness Design Engineer to join their ever expanding team in the West Midlands on an ongoing contract basis. The hourly rate on offer is, to an extent, negotiable and will be based upon relevant experience.
At our Client, Electrical Distribution Systems Engineering is driven by a passion to continuously innovate and improve processes in concept, quality & technological requirements. They deliver complete EDS solutions using state of the art technologies for wiring harnesses and components such as wire, junction boxes, fusing, connectors etc. As the founder of modern EDS they are a global market leader for products with excellent reliability and performance along with the highest customer satisfaction.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
Main responsibilities and expected outcomes:
- Provide the design expertise ensuring best practice solutions required to achieve all programme Electrical Distribution System / Harness design deliverables.
- Carry out concept design studies utilising CAE tools and physical bucks.
- Prepare accurate & timely component drawings for release into customers system and first tier plants.
- Participate fully in on site evaluation of product at vehicle assembly plants.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective technical information to the customer.
- Be responsible for receiving, monitoring and providing customer responses and actions.
- Work to project-timing plans for communication to customer.
- Support APQP activities where required.
- Obtain and implement specifications accurately and effectively.
- Measure and report progress clearly & effectively against the project plan.
- Recommend and take necessary actions to steer us back on course when progress deviates from the project plan, or you believe it may deviate from the plan.
- Identify & immediately report any major roadblocks to your line management with a recommended course of action.
- Support all testing activities.
- Be willing to be flexible with both your time and application of your skills and experience in order to ensure total supplier excellence as perceived by the customer.
Qualifications and experience ideally required:
-You will ideally have an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience (ideally in Electrical/Electronic Engineering).
-Should have prior practical Design Engineering experience; ideally within the Automotive manufacturing or an aligned industry sector together with knowledge and/or experience in wiring harnesses / wiring loom design and manufacture.
-3D CAD experience needed - Catia v5.
-Electrical Distribution System/Harness Design experience combined with DFM.
-Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP is desirable.
-Conversant with quality systems i.e. Q1/QS9000/TS16949.
-Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes.
Interested? This exciting position is available with immediate effect.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959430515