Welfare Benefits and Income Assistant Apprentice
Swan Housing Association was first formed in 1994 and provides high-quality and affordable homes to rent and buy. Today, we operate in Essex and East London and locally manage over 10,000 homes, with plans in place to deliver more than 250 new homes over the coming year.
To work as part of a team and provide administrative support to the Welfare Benefits & Income Teams.
To assist the Welfare Officers to support residents in issues of Welfare Benefits, Financial and Digital and Social Inclusion
To provide an effective and efficient reception and telephone service to ensure customers receive a professional service.
- To provide administrative support to the Welfare Benefits and Income teams
- To help provide support to residents to enable them to become more Financially, Digitally & Socially Included
- Assist with queries from residents or other employees both in person, electronically and on the telephone
- To receive visitors and provide a telephone service in a manner which promotes a professional image of Swan and its services
- Meet Swan's service standards in all customer care areas
- Write formal letters and other correspondence as required
- Ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety procedures
- To collect, collate and input data and update the computer system as required
- Assist with the ordering, control and distribution of stationary and supplies within the office
- Any other duties as assigned and deemed commensurate with the grade and overall responsibility of the post
This job description accurately reflects the requirements of the job at the time of writing but may be subject to change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the Association and should be viewed as guidelines only.
- Good telephone manner
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer services
- Good level of written English
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to take ownership and empower others accordingly
- Professional, friendly, honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively and in partnership with others both internally and externally
- Contributes to company policies on environmental issues
- Contributes to company policies on H&S
- Contributes to company policy on equality & diversity
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Thursday, 9am-5:15pm
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436053