We currently have an opportunity for a Credit Controller to work at our office in Larbert. We are offering a competitive salary for a 37.5 hour week. This is a Fixed Term contract until the end of January 2018 and is a Monday to Friday position.
Benefits provided by Certas include discount schemes, childcare vouchers, pension scheme and holiday buy and sell options. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience and grow within the UKs largest independent retailer of fuels and lubricants.
The successful candidate will assist in the efficient collection, control and administration of monies owed to the Company within the guidelines determined by the agreed credit terms.
- Collect outstanding debts by various means within designated brand/area
- Understand Credit Insurance Policies and work within Certas Credit Policy & relevant Credit Insurance Company
- Deal with returned payments as appropriate and within guide lines of credit policy;
- Resolve any unallocated cash queries
- Check and release deliveries on credit stop in a timely manner; liaise with sales /customer to resolve issues for orders being held
- Work closely with all departments within the business
- Ensure that the correct data is captured, entered and maintained on the system at all times
- Ensure all calls are handled in accordance with agreed company standards
- Handle all customer financial details in a confidential manner, as specified in the agreed finance processes
- Monitor customer complaints securing resolutions with the relevant department.
- Process and monitor returned payments and report all bounced payments to the credit insurers within the policy
- Report overdue accounts to the credit insurers on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as appropriate.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Effective team player demonstrating a positive attitude and willingness to take ownership and accountability
- Confidence in own ability with a high degree of self-motivation and attention to detail
- Customer focussed with good interaction skills and excellent sense of customer service values to treat all customers fairly
- Effective negotiation and communication skills
- Target and solution driven, with good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to share expertise and knowledge with other team members to ensure exceptional standards of professional collections can be adopted and maintained whilst delivering business goals
- Ability to work to deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good Microsoft Office skills required
- Relevant experience in a credit control environment or similar role is preferable
We employ 2,500 colleagues based across our depots around the UK from the highlands of Scotland to the Channel Islands. We recruit sales people to sell our fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to our customers who may be individual home owners, farmers, small or large businesses! Also essential to our business are our management teams and colleagues within, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. In addition, we have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to our success are our people and our learning and development team ensure we can nurture our talent and support colleagues with their aspirations and growth through programmes such as Inspire, our WOW training courses and apprenticeships.
It?s also worth noting we are part of the DCC PLC group which is a FTSE 100 company. Being part of the group gives our colleagues opportunities to work alongside other businesses to share best practice and develop into roles across the businesses in the group.
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434296