The Company:An exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Merchandiser / Stock Controller to join a multi-channel and fast paced business specialising in homeware products. You will be reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, managing stock targets and much more.
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be an aspiring Import Merchandiser looking for fresh challenges and room to grow your career.
- Responsible for managing stock targets, product availability and sales targets to agreed KPIs
- Any admin tasks related to supply chain (e.g. raise purchase orders).
- Making sure the right stock is in the right place at the right time.
- Responsible for managing the critical path and attending regular critical path meetings.
- Working closely with Sales staff to establish product sales forecasts and plan buys as required.
- Meeting with customers to report on any forecasting of stock issues.
- Manage Far East and Indian suppliers to deliver a smooth flow of product in to the business.
- Maintain supplier production/capacity based on company stock requirements.
- Review customer sales forecasts against plan and drive sales forward.
- Manage day to day trading keep watch on sales and margins.
- Experience of working in an import/freight forwarding environment is essential.
- Setting up new or improving existing stock management systems.
- Chasing lead times from suppliers.
- Computer literate with keyboard skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open minded approach.
- Able to work well in a team and provide help when needed.
- Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities.
- Good communication and numeracy skills.
- Ability to set own priorities.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77402671