Environmental Consultant- Leeds- £competitive
An exciting opening has arisen for an experienced contaminated land consultant to join our client's successful Leeds team.
The Environmental Consultant will be working within the contaminated land and environmental due diligence team. The role will involve managing land contamination and remediation projects and assisting the established team in day to day activities in these areas. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team, to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Training, support and mentoring will be provided.
Our client is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company and manage workloads across a variety of sectors such as Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting.
The role will be varied and challenging with some of your key work areas being:
Phase I Environmental Assessments:
- Undertaking of desk based research
- Carrying out of site inspections of a range of commercial/industrial facilities
Phase II Environmental Assessments including:
- Support and lead site investigations
- Sampling of soil, gases, groundwater and surface water
- On-site monitoring of gas and groundwater
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Report writing and preparation of figures
- Undertaken detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Lead remediation projects and support more complex remediation projects
The successful Environmental Consultant will have
- An appropriate degree in geology, geo-environmental, environmental, chemistry or other related discipline.
- A Masters Degree in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence
To apply for this role, please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively, send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.