Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer / Technician
£20k - £25k + pension scheme + training
Our client is recruiting for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer / Technician who has proven experience in embedded software development and electronics, to help implement and test new (Industrial) IoT based products for monitoring powered hand tools.
Training and development opportunities will be identified and made available to complement the individual's existing experiences and career progression within the company.
The company was established over 35 years ago and operates across three UK sites.
The successful candidate will have the required skills and experience to undertake this role, including;
- A good general engineering approach to problems is a main requirement and the candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability and enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to program ARM based microcontrollers using the C language and have experience of debugging, testing and trouble shooting.
- Ability to develop software that is robust and scalable and have a general interest in applying good software engineering principles.
- Some interfacing to hardware will be needed, specifically sensors.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and possibly have some experience of PCB design and layout using relevant tools.
- Excellent communication skills are essential both written and verbal
- The role in the future may involve the use of mechanical 3D modelling software for 3D printing and other small volume production techniques so an interest in that would be beneficial.
Similar skills; Embedded C, Software Engineer, Electronics, Embedded C/C++, Embedded Software, Firmware, Technician, ARM, ANSI C, M16C, R8C, CMX, RTOS, UARTs RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB.
How to apply
If you have the desired skills and experience, and would like to be considered for this Embedded Software Engineer / Technician role then we would like to hear from you.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436657