DevOps Engineer, IT Operations
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of DevOps Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Work across one or more application development DevOps 'pods' as the Amazon Web Services (AWS) engineer
- Build and manage Cloud environments to enable application deployments
- Consume and deploy centrally provided common cloud services for business unit / application DevOps teams (e.g. domain services, networking, logging.)
- Ensure compliance with centrally defined Digital Cloud blueprints, design patterns and standards
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
- Provide impact assessments where requested for changes proposed on Digital Cloud services
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Superb understanding of DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
- Proven AWS experience and AWS Certifications - ideally professional
- Demonstrable experience of Linux administration and scripting preferably Red Hat
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009YY7.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959437384