Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Fixed term contract for up to 1 year.
We are GAME.
We're all about building the most valuable community of gamers out there, bringing them latest games, exclusive editions, and hottest consoles to the UK. We're the UK's No.1 high-street videogames retailer for a reason - and we're looking for someone special to join us.
Think you're up for the challenge?
What you'll be doing
We're looking for Senior Management Accountant to join our team in Basingstoke. As part of our Finance department, your key responsibilities will include
- Producing accurate and detailed cost center reporting including analysis and investigation of results, highlighting issues
- Provision of clear and concise commentary to explain performance against forecast and budget
- Working closely with the stakeholders to ensure financial best practice in line with company policy and providing advice to budget holders
- Preparation of annual budget and forecasts for head office and marketing cost centers
- Preparation of month end accounts and reporting
- Full understanding of the methodology used for preparation of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow and support in preparing on a monthly basis
- Collate financial information required for the Monthly Finance Pack, adding commentary where necessary
- Analysis of headcount figures for head office cost centers, design and distribution of headcount and payroll cost reports
- Preparation and submission of monthly UK VAT return, including detailed technical calculations and analytical review.
- Coach and help develop other members of the Management Accounts team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- 3+ years of post-qualified experience
- Advanced MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills
Bonus points for:
- A proven track record of success
- Worked in the gaming industry
- Knowing your stuff.
Genuinely passionate and excited about what you do, you're a team player with an interest in gaming and experience in a similar field.
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Fantastic opportunities for development and promotion
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefits package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
You'll be joining our Finance team in Basingstoke. With a cool chillout zone featuring some of the hottest console games, awesome tournaments, clubs and competitions - from football and foosball to bake-offs - there's plenty to get involved with. Our on-site Bistro offers special themed days throughout the year.
We've even been known to have beer o' clock Fridays, free pizza lunches, and enough sweets to keep the whole office buzzing. It all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you'll ever experience.
Sounds amazing, right?
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434796