Sales Ledger Clerk
All About Us
Award winning Hermes is the largest UK courier delivery service and we handled over 270 million parcels last year. We employ over 2,500 people, have over 10,000 self-employed couriers and deliver parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
To reconcile international carrier invoices and to identify and implement initiatives that will reduce costs and maximise revenue.
For the right candidate this role provides a platform to grow within the finance function and take on extra responsibility as they grow within their finance career.
All About The Role
- Accurate and timely raising of all client invoices on a weekly/ monthly basis
- Distributing of invoices to clients via post/ email
- Liaising with internal and external parties, in particular, the Sales team
- Dealing with invoice queries raised by clients
- Timely and accurate allocation of receipts
- Assist with weekly cash flow planning process by providing accurate forecast of cash receipts
- Chasing of overdue debt in accordance with company debt collection process via email, phone, letter etc
- Weekly distribution of Overdue Debt analysis to relevant Managers and other escalation measures as agreed
All About You
- Numerate, focused on accuracy and have a high attention to detail, ideally with previous experience of completing account reconciliations would be advantageou
- Good interpersonal and networking skills are important in this role, with a professional manner in order to provide helpful assistance as this role will require frequent liaising with external parties
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst demonstrating a high attention to detail and accuracy is also essential
- Adaptability to changing situations in a team environment is also required
- Good computer skills are essential to this role and prior knowledge of Open Accounts and Excel would be advantageous
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435427