Job Title: Manual Miller
Hourly Rate: £8.50-£12.50
Overtime: Time and a quarter during the week. Time and a half at weekends
Job purpose Summary
To accurately operate 3 axis machines in order to manufacture complex components.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and follow appropriate method, sequence of operations
- Operate automatic or manual controls on machines as instructed by supervisor
- Reposition workpiece as necessary during production run
- Use the safe and correct method of operation for the machine
- Visual inspection to customer required tolerances
- Use measuring equipment accurately
- Safely operate machinery
- Work in accordance to the standards required by the company and their customers
- Work often on own initiative
- Continue to help/improve work environment and carry out housekeeping duties in line with 5S.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Double Days: 1 week 06.00 – 14.00 and 1 week 11.00 – 19.00
- Nights: 19.00 – 06.00
- Good level of English: Level B1 CEFR minimum
- Mechanical Engineering
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Engineering background
- CNC experience
- Working autonomously
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Can – do attitude
- A willingness to learn and develop further
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels
Interested?! Click apply to start your application for consideration!