Production Engineering Manager
Our client is a large multi-site and expanding FMCG company with a large manufacturing site in the Launceston area. Due to structural changes, there are immediate requirements for proven Production Engineering Manager.
Are you an experienced Engineering Shift Manager or Maintenance Manager having gained experience in an FMCG environment?
As a Production Engineering Manager, you will be tasked with running the everyday Engineering activity; you will be responsible for the work load of Engineers in your team, with full autonomy, managing the changeovers as well as setting the world class reliability / PPM strategy in your area. You will also be responsible for the improvement projects and reliability of the line.
Deliver an efficient maintenance service which encompasses best practice and continuous improvement across the site.
* To manage, develop and lead the engineering team.
* To provide inspirational and motivational leadership
* Ability to effectively lead and engage teams through change management programmes
* To develop an efficient & effective Engineering support operation in line with the site plan
* To manage, develop and lead the maintenance delivery teams.
* Ensure that all statutory maintenance of site assets is delivered on time
* Measure and deliver the KPI's to achieve the business plan
* You will Ensure that effective performance reviews take place, that measurement and review drives continuous improvement in technician and contractor performance
* Manage all aspects of the operation of the engineering function and provide strong and effective leadership relating to staff welfare, training, attendance and performance.
* Provide technical and performance input into the site asset replacement strategy ensuring that all relevant capital investment is fully optimised.
* You must be an experienced HNC Engineer, Electrical/Mechanical bias
* You must be experienced within FMCG environments and used to a high-pressure environment.
* You must have a proven track record of successfully delivering training and up-skilling engineers towards world class standards
* You will have several year's experience managing teams within engineering, this is not a development role - you will hit the ground running!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435314