3rd Line Support
First 2 Recruit Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Fareham, Hampshire. We are looking to recruit experienced 3rd Line Support staff on a permanent basis.
In the role of 3rd Line Support you will be reporting to the Support Lead, you will assist in providing third line technical support to our Managed Service customers. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working within the IT Department, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
Responsibilities of 3rd Line Support;
- Takes ownership of incidents which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 2nd line support.
- If necessary, they will request external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers.
- If necessary, they will request third party support, e.g. from customers
- Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
- If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, 3rd Line Support will transfer the Incident to expert technical support groups
- If an unplanned disruption or degradation of service is found, the 3rd Line Support passes on the incident to Problem Management team
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
- Prioritise and manage multiple tickets.
- Ensure that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
Behaviours and Attitudes required
- Willingness to try new things to influence and embed change.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to establish long lasting rapport.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and decision making skills.
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Results driven.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Positive attitude ? acting calmly and positive at all times.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Professional attitude.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Exchange 2007/2016 support.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
- Networking (switches, routers, VLANs, firewalls, VPN).
- VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
- Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
- Windows Server OS (2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
- Print Server.
- File Shares.
- Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
- Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
- Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
- Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle).
To be considered for this role send your CV
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959434500