Senior Java Developer
Java Developer. Fin-Tech Startup. London. £70,000
Lewis Hollings are delighted to be partnering with an exciting FinTech start-up aiming at revolutionising mortgages in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join a newly formed engineering team.
Some of the technologies we will be using include:
- Java 9, Spring 5 and Spring Boot 2;
- Microservices within Docker on CentOS;
- Appropriate AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Route 53, API Gateway, and so on;
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, or Amazon Kinesis.
The Java Developer will be an integral part of the initial team that will develop the MVP.
Joining an early stage means that you will have the opportunity to learn what setting up a modern FinTech business entails and to be actively involved in its evolution. You will be working with the leadership team, reporting directly to the CTO, and you?ll participate in all aspects of building the business, from the very practical (such as how the systems should look and feel) to intangibles (such as what the culture of the company should be).
We are looking for a Senior Developer with probably 10+ years? experience as a Java Developer, preferably within a B2C context. Aside from this, it would be terrific if you have:
- Substantial experience of agile development;
- Some experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Reasonable exposure to, at least, Java 8;
- Some exposure to Spring;
- Some experience with AWS (not essential);
- A computing or engineering-related degree (preferably but not required).
You can be involved in a lot more than just the typical tasks that you would expect to do within an agile development process in a start-up.
You can contribute to any of the following that you find interesting and are passionate about:
- Help evolve and fine-tune our development practices;
- Take part in the selection of our tech stack;
- Participate in architectural design;
- Join in DevOps work.
- Work with and gain experience of the newest tech;
- Learn how an exciting new business that?s disrupting an industry is born;
- Have a say in how the business evolves from an early stage;
- Own a lot of stuff: you?ll have tons of responsibility and you will own your projects;
- Get to work with some other excellent, industry experts;
- Join a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture;
- Earn a competitive package (dependent on experience).
If the above sounds like a role for you and you feel excited by the prospect of working with a exciting FinTech start-up then please do get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959431042