Experienced Software Tester
Cognitive Geology is one of Scotland?s most recent and exciting startups with huge ambitions and proven success to date. Cognitive Geology was founded by end users from major operators, grown tired of forcing commercial software to work the way we needed it to.
We do one thing, extremely well: we build petroleum geoscience software. This niche market, worth over $4.5 Billion per annum, and serviced by a handful of vendors, is ripe for disruption. Our technologies respond to a fundamental change in our customer?s methods of managing oilfield investment uncertainty ? replacing workflows 30 years out of date ? and the customers love it.
We are looking for QA Testers to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we?d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products work correctly and identify the glitches before the customers do.
Professional attitude, ambition, flexibility, transparent communication and respect for colleagues are inherent in our team. We value intelligence and innovation, and persistence to push the boundaries to deliver the best solutions possible.
What will you be doing?
- Think through hard problems, and working with the team to develop and test solutions
- Communicate clearly to both technical and business people
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities as part of an agile team
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Learning new technologies and applying the knowledge
- Help build and grow a testing team
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent environment where your talent is valued
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What skills do you need? You do not need all of them but a few are essential.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, particularly for desktop applications
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- A scientific approach to experimentation
- Experience in testing high performance data visualisations
- Experience with testing mapping applications
- A keen interest in maths and science, geography and geology
What will you get from us?
We are growing rapidly and are looking for extremely talented people to join our adventure. We want to be successful but have fun along the way. Our culture is of paramount importance and we really believe that to get the best out of people, work/life balance needs to perfect. We do work hard the but mental and physical wellbeing of all our employees is crucial to ensuring we build a successful company. Below are some of our perks (and we are continuing to add to this list!):
- - Flexible working hours
- - Highly competitive salaries
- - Innovative professional and personal development plans
- - We have a versatile approach to working from home
- - A well stocked beer fridge
- - Regular social activities
- - We recognize that we can always be improving and therefore everyone has a voice within the business
- - Completely open about what is happening within the business, there are no secret meetings behind closed doors! Check out our whiteboards!
We do have an interview process but are more than happy to start with an informal chat, so if you are interested and would like to have a coffee with one of our team to hear more, please get in touch. Changing jobs is a big decision and we want you to feel that this is the perfect one for you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959432043