Academic Note Taker
Balfor is currently looking for experienced note takers based in Surrey to join our support team within education providers.
You will be required to:
To take notes and work through these and support student with their studies. This will involve additional support of library assistance, making appointments, manual handling and any other support that may be required by the student. This is a part time role and you will be required to work based on the students timetable.
You will have experience of working with students with disabilities mainly visual impairment and specific learning difficulties as a note taker. You will have quick and accurate typing skills, 30-45 words per minute.
- To be able to write clear informative information
- To be able to give the notes manual or typed to the students in a reasonable amount of time.
- creativity for adapting learning resources
- Basic IT skills.
- Degree, preferably Maths or equivalent.
- NRCPD Registered Note taker/
- Signature NVQ 2 electronic note-taking.
- OCN Level 3 Certificate in Electronic Notetaking for VI students.
- CACDP Level 3 Certificate for Manual/Electronic Note takers.
- Other relevant/in-house note taking qualification.
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- To sign in and out on a daily basis.
- To write clear notes.
- Being creative in adapting learning materials to match learners.
- Using a range of ways to help them understand what is required in class.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959430073