Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
£Competitive Plus Benefits
OVO Energy is a game-changing energy provider. We operate at the forefront of technology at a time when the energy industry as a whole is undergoing a technical revolution. Innovations that affect the industry are coming to the fore and are changing the way business is done, customers are managed, and services are delivered.
We were the first company to offer a telephone top-up solution for pay-as-you-go energy customers, the first to develop an Apple Watch app and the first to offer real time electricity and gas usage data. We?re award-winning for our innovation and our work environment and we?ve got the silverware and software to prove it.
But we?re only just getting started.
What Will I Be Doing?
As our Head of Engineering, you will be a technical leader within our business. You will oversee multiple cross-functional teams and will be vital in defining, not just the technical, but also the business strategy.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage and develop members of the Senior Technical Team
- Assist in defining the technology strategy to position us as a forward-thinking tech organisation
- Build and promote the technology brand
- Support all hiring, build high-performing teams and develop talent and succession plans
- Enable your teams to make technical decisions that align with our business objectives
- Take ultimate responsibility for technical decision making and budgets
What Will I Need?
To be considered as our Head of Engineering, you will need:
- A strong software engineering background in scalable distributed applications
- Experience of building, running and leading high performing, autonomous engineering teams
- A fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development
- An excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms
- Experience of integrating technology into the wider business strategy
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focused organisation
- Proven experience of creating a forward thinking technology culture
- A strong educational background and a degree in computer science or a related discipline from a top university
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with senior leaders across the business
We are interested in having a further conversation with you if you have held the position of Head of Engineering, Head of Software Engineering, Head of Development, Head of Technology, Head of Software, or Senior Development Manager.
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Head of Engineering, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959423528