Product Lead - Mixing & Sampling
PRODUCT LEAD - MIXING & SAMPLING
LOCATION: Ely, Cambridgeshire
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
SALARY: Competitive depending on qualifications and suitability of experience
My client based in Ely is a market leader in the development, design and manufacture of highly accurate and robust quality (sampling) and quantity (metering) devices for the custody transfer applications in the oil & gas industry. They also design and manufacture packaged systems of sampling and metering stations ? which serve as the cash register for the oil & gas industry. Therefore creating products with the highest accuracy and robustness for this challenging environment is not an exception but the norm.
In the last 4-5 years this prestigious employer has had impressive financial success and global presence. It has embarked on ambitious R&D and production activities which have resulted in them now seeking a Product Lead for Mixing & Sampling. The successful candidate will join their expanding R&D team in the newly re-furbished state of the art Engineering and Project Management office containing an impressive array of R&D facilities and Production workshop.
The role suits an experienced engineer ? preferably with practical mixing and sampling application
experience and with the ability to interface and clearly communicate between the product development team and the customer - someone who could take ownership of the product and become an effective torch bearer for the recently developed SmartMix® device.
- Interact with customers, identify their needs and champion the technology accordingly.
- Drive testing and proving activities of the product for end users with attention to detail in the acquisition of quality metrological data,
- Take part in both offshore and onshore travel trips to advise customers on our technology solutions and product installations,
- Support sales and marketing teams by delivering sound technical presentation and effectively communicating the unique selling point (UPS) of the SmartMix® Technology.
- Support R&D teams for products and technologies by providing customer feedback and also defining new requirements,
- Participating in international conferences and focus groups to communicate both our Company?s motto and the exceptional efficiency attained by our products,
You will have experience of working with a broad range of colleagues and have superb communication skills ? able to exchange ideas and concepts both technically and outside the technical arena in writing, presentations and orally.
- MEng or BEng or equivalent in Mechanical/Chemical or Process Engineering with good understanding in fluid mechanics and product development
- Have hands on experience both in product development and field integration in a direct customer facing environment
- Have strong analytical and social skills with a systemic and structured work approach
- Have the integrity, knowledge and stature required for the position and have proven ability to interact effectively and with confidence at all levels internally and externally
- Have the confidence to work in high quality team and not threatened by such environment but takes it as a natural opportunity to grow and contribute
- Have the ability to be meticulous in your work style, organised with a good attention to detail, and have a ?can do? attitude and is a natural self-starter with the drive and commitment to maintain a task?s momentum and meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to change and refocus quickly.
Working in a modern, spacious working environment (with free staff parking) and also within walking distance to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and optional healthcare.
If you would like more information on this fantastic opportunity then please call and speak to a member of our team at Totec or send your CV to Totec today.
All applicants must be eligible to live & work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility is required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, residency permit, EU passport etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959424574