Payroll / HR Assistant
Payroll / HR Assistant required for our manufacturing client based near Stourbridge.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll / HR Assistant to work alongside the HR Manager. Duties will include processing monthly and fortnightly payroll of circa 120 hourly paid and salaried staff using Sage 50 Payroll system.
Key Payroll tasks include:
- Deal with all queries regarding payroll from both management and staff
- Review mileage forms, Company Pool cars and assist in HMRC audits
- Ensuring clock cards are processed correctly; input holidays and absences on Clockwise Time and Attendance System
- Process bi-weekly payroll and monthly payroll, including payroll maintenance, permanent changes, set up new starters and leavers, overtime, unpaid hours,
- Reconcile pension deductions and arrange payments to pension company
- Reconcile and produce monthly PAYE payment for HMRC
- Collect new coding notices/SLD from HMRC website
- Reconcile CSA DEOs and produce monthly cheque accordingly
- Produce comparison reports for Bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Produce comparison month end report
- Reconcile payroll year end P60s and distribution
- Prepare P11Ds; inc calc of BIKs, Class 1A NIC, submission to HMRC and distribution to employees
General HR support duties
- Provide day to day HR support to the HR Manager
- Assist and support HR activities, including, preparing contracts of employment, liaising with agencies. Sitting in on staff disciplinary, Performance Management management meetings etc.
- CIPP Qualification advantageous but not essential
- Experience of payroll systems, ideally Sage.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation including RTI.
- Ability to communicate with departments, employees and HMRC
- Previous experience within a payroll office or bureau environment
- The ability to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy
12 week temp to perm trial
Salary: £23k per annum
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422787