Solution Developer (MS Azure)
As a Microsoft Azure Solution Developer, you will help enable the on-going creation, translation and consumption of data-driven insights to help our customer make better decisions - increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the services that we and our customers deliver.
You will primarily be responsible for creating and configuring applications and systems on Microsoft Azure that enable our customers to make better decisions in their everyday activities based on the most accurate and reliable information available at all times at any location.
* Develop prototype applications, configure components on the Microsoft Azure stack and productionise the solutions identified so that they can deliver beta services to customers and work with other teams in order to transition these solutions into full service.
* Work as part of a team that is developing ideas and concepts for our customers into solutions. You will be responsible for the rapid development (iterative and incremental) of applications as part of these solutions.
* Design, create, maintain, test and implement the source code and related artefacts that makes up the Azure solutions.
* Contribute to the development or implementation of applications that demonstrate and illustrate the impact of data science.
* Trial new approaches, new techniques, new technologies, and assess the impact of the latest technology trends.
* Ability to interpret complex business requirements, translating them into analytical problems and delivering solutions to these through configuring applications on the Microsoft Azure stack.
* Experience in developing one or more solutions using Microsoft Azure cloud platform (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS) services such as Compute (Virtual Machines), Search (Azure Search, Elastic Search), Query & Analytics (Power BI, HDInsight, Data Lake Analytics), Security (Azure AD), Storage (Data Lake Store) and Databases (SQL, NoSQL-DocumentDB, Data Factory) is required for this role.
* Experience of defining and implementing data and application security on Azure using Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) or Attribute Based Access Controls (ABAC) is required.
* Experience in migrating software applications from on-premise (Windows/Linux) to virtual cloud platforms is desirable
· Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
· Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
· Organisational Agility
· Problem solving ability
· Logical Thinking
· Effective Time management
· Result driven
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959425773