Role: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £27,000 - £29,000 per annum plus overtime & benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday rotating shifts between 6am till 2pm & 2pm till 10pm
Location: Commutable from Southampton, Chichester, Portsmouth, Petersfield and surrounding areas
A well-established and global manufacturing company with a small appeal are looking for an additional Maintenance Engineer to join their team. The company have a good and friendly environment where team spirit and hard work are encouraged. The role has scope for people to receive training and development in becoming more Multi-Skilled, with even an opportunity to gain further qualifications and learn more about how to diagnose faults on PLC?s. The environment is automated with mostly modern machinery, all of which are PLC operated.
The hiring manager is somewhat open to someone being completely bias mechanical or electrical, although the desire and attitude to multi-skill is a must. Preferably you would already have some multi skilling experience, but again, this is not essential.
Your role will be to support the Maintenance Manager in the running of the day to day maintenance activities and goals, including;
- Keeping machinery operational.
- Carry out daily maintenance checks on plant and equipment.
- Assist with relocation, refurbishments and new installation of machinery.
- Swiftly attend to breakdowns, fault find and repair machinery.
- Active involvement in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Assist with mechanical and electrical problems, within your level of competence, and within a well-balanced skilled team.
- Work and complete planned maintenance schedules and help with documentation of work completed.
Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship or hold an engineering qualifications in either electrical or mechanical engineering
Experienced maintaining machinery and equipment within a manufacturing environment
Any familiarity with PLC?s, Robots, Hydraulics, Pneumatics would be great, although not essential
Friendly and adaptable attitude, hunger to learn and develop themselves
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959424551