IT Service Delivery Manager
IT Service Delivery Manager
Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire
Salary £47,725 - £53,028 dependent upon qualifications and experience
Full time/Flexible hours considered
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe?s largest research organisations. We?re trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we?re driving ground-breaking advances in science and technology.
STFC?s Digital Solutions department provides the infrastructure and enterprise services that underpin STFC?s programme activities.
About The Role
The Digital Solutions department is currently undertaking a transformation programme, with the objective of becoming a dynamic and service driven department, adaptable to a changing environment, focused on customers? needs and capable of becoming a trusted business partner within STFC.
The Digital Solutions core infrastructure consists of the site networks, connectivity to the outside world (and associated security) and fixed-line and mobile telephony. Enterprise services include STFC identity management, email, SharePoint, video conferencing and backup amongst others. In addition, we provide desktop support to several departments, business applications and help and advice to ICT staff across the business.
The responsibilities of the Service Delivery Manager will include:
- managing and developing a team with multiple skill sets, including setting, controlling and reviewing the direction of work
- leading and managing technical resources, providing assurance that sustaining delivery capability and technical solutions are available to meet operational requirements and project demands
- ensuring resource availability for the delivery of day-to-day requirements and agreed projects, including personally providing technical input and guidance on technical issues and approaches that span multiple technologies
- matching the availability of resources to business need, ensuring effective delivery and continuity
- embedding change and creating a customer focussed team culture
- critically evaluating sustaining delivery capability to drive efficiencies
- managing significant pieces of work/projects to timescale
- advisory or consultancy work (often as a long-term specialist) on highly complex, large, expensive, unusual or novel issues. Considerable scope for discretion and creativity, often with little precedent and only broad guidance
- contributing to senior level decisions and policy-making. Representing significant areas of business, building commercial interests or negotiating at a significant level
- carrying out individual research, often on pioneering concepts, or sole research and policy creation, with a significant contribution to STFC?s overall capability.
You will be qualified to degree level in Science, Computer Science or similar, along with ITIL qualifications (Foundation/Practitioner/Service Operation/Service Transition or above), or prepared to work towards it within 12 months. Project management qualifications such as Prince 2 are also desirable.
You will demonstrate experience from the following areas:
- networking, application development and Infrastructure Services
- managing and delivering IT services/projects
- staff management within a multi-site organisation that has required local and national management of direct resources
- successfully leading a department through significant cultural change
- proven financial management of operational budgets (~£5M) and project budgets (~£3m)
- ITIL processes
- presenting as a Subject Matter Expert at an IT national or international industry event.
An exceptional index linked pension scheme, 30 days leave allowance and flexible working are offered, as well as an onsite nursery, subsidised restaurant, a gym and sports facilities.
Full details of offered benefits can be found on STFC?s careers pages.
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role. Please also state where you saw this role advertised.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please visit our job board via the 'Apply Now' button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone.
The closing date for applications is 12th November 2017 with interviews scheduled for week commencing 20th November 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422039